The Indian Army is looking for the best and the brightest LAW GRADUATES Married/Unmarried men and unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge/Advocate General Dept
1. VACANCIES: Men – 07, Women – 03
2. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :-
(a) Nationality : Must be an Indian.
(b) Age Limit: 21 to 27 years (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 86 and not later than 01 Jul 92).
(c) Educational Qualification: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/State. Applicants must enclose a certificate of percentage of obtained marks in aggregate/CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes with their applications.
(i) Height& Weight: The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese,Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
(ii) Visual Standards: The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for correction of reflective error are NOT acceptable.
(iii) To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
(iv) Prospective candidates are advised to excercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at OTA Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised
to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
(a) Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes. (b) Push up – 13 Nos. (c) Sit ups – 25 Nos. (d) Chin ups- 6 Nos. (e) Rope climbing – 3-4 meter.
Note:- Candidates withdrawn from IMA/OTA/Naval Academy/Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
3. METHOD OF SELECTION: The Selection process to be followed is indicated below:
(a) Initial Screening and shortlisting of applications will be done at Recruiting Directorate Army Headquarters and the decision of ADG Recruiting will be final. In this regard no representation will be entertained. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
(b) candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear at the Service Selection Board on a specified date where they will be required to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and an interview for duration of five days excluding the date of reporting at the Service Selection Centre.
(c) Two Stage Selection Procedure: Two stage selection procedure based on psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who qualify in stage one will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests.Those who fail to pass stage one will be
returned on the same date.
(d) Those candidates who qualify stage II will submit the attested photo copy each of
(i) Matriculation Certificate showing date of birth.
(ii) Original degree or prov degree with all year/parts/semesters mark sheets at Selection centre.
(e) The candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board, will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
4. The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of ADG RTG and Indian Army Website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
5. MEDICAL EXAMINATION : A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medica Officers. Women candidate will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male/female doctors/specialist/gynecologist. There will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the
board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the president of the Special Medical Board (SMB) the procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB). Unfit Candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure
advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services in Addl Dte Gen Rtg. (b) Pregnancy, if detected at any stage, after selection at SSB or during
training will debar the candidate from grant of commission.
Note: Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight/under weight, piles, gynaecomasties, tonsilitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
6. TRAINING AND PROSPECTS : (a) Selected candiates will be detailed for training at Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, upto the number of vacancies available at the time (b) Duration of training - 49 weeks (approximately 11 months) training at OTA, Chennai,on successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. No ante date seniority will be granted. (c) Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will He/She be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who married subsequent to the date of his/her application though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government. (d) Training at OTA is at Govt. expense All candidates who successfully complete Pre Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded “ Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
7. HOW TO APPLY :
(a) Apply on plain paper (typed or handwritten) as per format given in the advertisement.
(b) Only attach the photocopies of the following documents or certificates serial wise alongwith the application which should be properly tagged and duly attested by a Government Gazetted Officer:
(i)Matriculation Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education or Central Board of Secondary Education as proof of date of birth (marksheet, transfer certificate, affidavit, admit card etc are not acceptable)
(ii) Degree/Provisional certificate alongwith Marksheets of all the years/parts/semesters as proof of educational qualification,
(iii) NCC ‘C’ certificate OR National certificate of Bravery/Gallantry Award OR certificate showing representation of the State in National Sports competition may also be attached if any held.
(iv) Affix your self attested photographin the space provided in the application form.
(v) Attach certificate of registration with Bar Council of India/State or certificate from College/University that the LLB Course in the said institution is recognised by Bar Council of India.
(c) Application incomplete in any respect and/or without any of the above mentioned documents and/or not duly attested by a Govt. Gazetted Officer will be rejected summarily.
(d) The Provisional Degree certificate in support of educational qualification should clearly state that the student has passed the specified degree examination and is also eligible for award of Degree Certificate.
(e) No original certificates will be enclosed with the application.
(f) The application should be sent in a white envelope SUPERSCRIBED IN RED INK on the top left corner indicating “APPLICATION FOR SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) MEN/ WOMEN COURSE - OCT 2013 FOR JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERALS DEPARTMENT”. |
(g) Post your application alongwith supported documents by Registered post at the following address on or before 15 FEB 2013 : DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, Rtg JAG Entry, AG’s Branch, Army Headquarters, West Block – III, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066.
(h) Any application sent through courier service will not be accepted in the absence of arrangement for the same.
(j) Candidates are advised to apply sufficiently in advance of the last date. Application received after the last date for the receipt of application will be summarily rejected.
(k) Any change in your postal address should be communicated immediately to this Directorate.
(l) Persons already in Central or State Govt. Service whether permanent or in temporary capacity or as work charge employee or those serving under the Public Sector enterprises are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed their Head of Office/Department in writing that they have applied for a commission in the Army. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received by this HQ from their employer withholding permission for such application, their application shall be rejected and candidature cancelled.
(m) A candidate serving in the Armed Forces must submit his/her application through Commanding Officer.
(n) Driectorate General of Recruiting (Rtg 6), Integrated Headquarters of Minisftry of Defence (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in LLB examinations.
Note : Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Directorate General of Recruiting, Adjutant General’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army) will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the back side of the photo will not be entertained.
8. CHANGE OF INTERVIEW DATES : Request for change of SSB interview date should be avoided. However under most unavoidable circumstances, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather the rule. Request for such change should be forwarded to Selection Centre from where the call up letter for SSB interview has been received and not to Directorate General Recruiting. The Selection Centre may Permit change of date at their discretion.
9. For queries contact Recruiting Directorate telephone Nos.: (011) 26173215, 26175473 and Fax No. 26196205. between 1400 hrs to 1700 hrs. Before calling, please read notification carefully and visit this office website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
To Download and Read the Official Notification and advertisement. Visit this link.
Recommended Reading :
- What is SSB ? How should I prepare for the various tests conducted at the Services Selection Board.
- Practice Free Online Mock SSB tests