1. Applications are invited from UNMARRIED/MARRIED male and UNMARRIED female and also from the Wards of Battle Casualities of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
(a) NCC MEN 50 (45 for Gen Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)
(b) NCC Women 04(10% vacancies of Women are reserved for Wards of Battle Casuality of Army personnel only)
3. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
(A) Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subje ct of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya. Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of c andidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(B) Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are NOT eligible to apply.
(C) AGE LIMIT: For NCC candidates (including w ards of Battle Casualities)19 to 25 years(born not earlier than 02 Jul 88 and not later than 01 Jul 94).
(D) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND OTHER CRITERIA
(a) FOR NCC ‘C’ CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
(i) Educational Qualification : (aa) Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. (ab) Those studying in third year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two years. Such students will need to secure overall agreegate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidate must posses graduation degree at the time of joining training at OTA. The candidates studying in the third year of graduation should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidate will be inducted for training at OTA on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
(ii) Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/ Wing of N.C.C.
(iii) Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
(b) FOR WARD OF BATTLE CASUALTIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL
(i) Educational Qualification : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
(ii) NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
(iii)Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications direct to Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-6, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
(iv) Eligibility for wards of battle casualties and also document to be attached alongwith the application form are as under.
(a) A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/wounded / reported missing in action issued by MP/Dte/Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as battle casualties in case of serving/medically boarded out pers. (b) The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available to wards (sons and daughters including legally adopted) and specified as under (aa) Killed in action (ab) Died of wound or injuries (Other than self-inflicted) (ac) Wounded or Injured (Other than self-inflicted). (ad) Missing. (c) Relation Certificate issued by Records / MP Dte. (d) Last Date of Receipt of Application in Rtg Dte for Wards of battle casualities is 22 Feb 2013.
(a) HEIGHT AND WEIGHT : The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalies,
Assamies and Garhwalis, the height will relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
(b) VISUAL STANDARDS : (i) The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women including astigmatism. (ii) Candidates who have under-gone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected. Candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army If they fulfill following criteria :- (i) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for. Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
(ii) A healthy retina.
(iii) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of : ± 1.50 in any meridian
for myopia or hypermetropia.
(iv) Axial length within permissible limits.
4. PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS AT OTA : Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there, candidates are advised to achieve following standard before joining the OTA, if finally selec ted:-(a) Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes, (b) Push Ups-13 Nos. (c) Sit Ups-25 Nos. (d) Chin Ups 6 Nos. (e) R ope Climbing 3-4 Meters.
5. METHOD OF SELECTION:
(a) All applications as per format given are to be forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/Gp HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ DG NCC.
(b) Thorough screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
(c) Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during short- listing. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interviewby Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final
(d) On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I wi ll be Sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 5 days.
(e) Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
(f) The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG Recruiting and Indian Army website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
6.MEDICAL EXAMINATION : Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates recommended by Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a medical board of male/female doctors/Specialists/Gynaeocologist. However, there will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the Medical Board for female candidates. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Special Medical Board. However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board about procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB). Candidates who are unfit may apply for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within 1 day of completion of Appeal Medical Board. Candidates for AMB shall
automatically report to the hospital opted by them on any working day, keeping in view the time taken by postal authorities to deliver their Medical documents at the Hospital for medical examination. No call shall be given by the optedhospital and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards; the procedure advised by medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. The candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will only be considered medically fit on receipt of the approved medical board proceedings from concerned medical authorities in Dte Gen Rtg.
7. In their own interest the candidates are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes and fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
8. ENTITLEMENT FOR TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE : Candidates appearing for SSB interviews for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation -Cum-Sleeper Charges within the Indian Limits. Candidates who appear again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent occasion.
9. Training at OTA Chennai is at Govt expenses,Duration of Training is 49 weeks training at OTA, Chennai, On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets/Lady Cadets from OTA. Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents /guardian. Candidates must not marry untill they complete the full training at OTA. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application though successful at the Service Selection Board interview or Medical Examination will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he/she marries while under training shall be discharge and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the govt. It is also applicable to the Wards of Battle Casualities of Army Personnel. University of Madras will award “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” to all cadets who successfully complete Pre-Commission Training at OTA, Chennai.
10.The final allocation of allocation of Arms/Service will be made prior to passing out gentleman cadets/Lady cadets from OTA.
11. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: (a) Period of Probation: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives his commission. If he/she is reported on within the probationary period as unsuitable to retain his/her commission, his/her services may be terminated any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period. (b) Posting:Personnel granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad. Tenure of Engagement:Officers will be required to serve for ten years extendable by a further period of four years, subject to their performance having beenfound fit for extension of tenure and having given option for the service. Male Officers who are willing to continue services in Army after the expiry of 10 years in Short Service Commision may if eligible and suitable in all respects be considered for Grant of Permanent Commission in accordance
with the relevant rules. (d) Termination of Commission : An officer granted Short service commission will be liable to serve for ten years but his Commission may be terminated at any time by the Government of India for (i) misconductor if his/her services are found to be unsatisfactory, or (ii) On account of medical unfitness, or (iii ) if his/her services are no longer required, or (iv) if he/she fails to qualify in any prescribed test or course, (v) An officer may on giving 3 months notice be permitted to resign his/her commission on compassionate grounds of which the Government of India will be the sole judge. An officer who is permitted to resign his/her commission on compassionate grounds will not be eligible for terminal gratuity.
12. RESERVE LIABILITY: SSC Officers on release before or expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve lability to serve
the Army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or upto the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever
13. HOW TO APPLY :
(a) Apply on plain paper as per the format given in the advertisement, duly typed. (b) Applications should be
posted to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued. (c) Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued. (d) All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State, (e)Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg 6), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/percentage of marks in degree examinations. (f)DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC. Special emphasis will be laid on the following points: -(i) Check date of birth from class X Certificate, (ii) Check Degree/Provisional degree is from a University recognised by AIU. (iii) Check marks sheets of all years and ensure that candidate has minimum 50% marks in the aggregate for all three years and in case of third year students 50% marks in aggregate for two years. (iv) Check NCC ‘C’ Certificate with minimum ‘B’ Grading. (g) The last date for receipt of applications is as under:
(i) Last date for receipt of application at NCC Bn/Gp HQ 28 Feb 2013.
(ii) Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC-0 1 Apr 2013.
14. Applications recieved after due date w ill neither be opened nor be entertained.
Read the Official Advertisement and Application Form Here