The Indian Army has issued notification for recruitment of Short Service Commissioned Officers in the Military Nursing Services. A total of 200 Vacancies are available. Only Women candidates are eligible for the Post.
Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the military nursing service will be liable to serve for five years extend-able to total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers in the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force).
On completion of pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant.
No. of Vacancies : 200 Vacancies
- Candidate should be a citizen of India or spouse to an Indian if married.
- She (Single/Married/Divorcee/Widow) should passed B.Sc (Nursing)/ Post Certificate B.Sc (Nursing) in first attempt or M.Sc. (Nursing) from INC recognized University.
- She should be a registered nurse and midwife in State Nursing Council.
Date of Birth – Between 07 Mar 1978 and 31 Dec 1992 (Both days inclusive).
After completion of pre commissioning formalities candidates will be posted as Lieutenant on a pay scale of Rs. 15600 with grade pay of Rs. 5400 and military service pay of Rs. 4200 along with other allowances as per the rates determined by governing body.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test and interview. Written exam will be held during the second week of December, 2012.
The Canidates need to pay Rs 150 as examination fee.Fee is to be paid in form of demand draft of SBI drawn in favor of “DGAFMS (APF) Fund” and payable at SBI, Central Secretariat, New Delhi.
Mode of Application:
All the applications sent by candidates will be accepted in offline mode only.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to download the application form from below and fill it in their own handwriting.
- Application form will carry an affixed passport size photograph duly attested and attached.
- It should also enclose the attested copies of documents as follows:
- Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (indicating date of birth)
- Nursing registration certificate.
- Certificate & mark sheet of PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing.
- NCC Certificate, if any.
- Character Certificate.
- Document in support of nationality (Nationality/Domicile Certificate)
- If employed, no objection certificate from the present employer.
- Two self addressed envelopes of dimensions 27cm X 12 cm along with postal stamp of Rs 30 on each.
- After duly filling in the application form, send it to the address mentioned below Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), Adjutant General’s Branch, Dte Gen of Medical Services (Army) / DGMS-4B, Room No 45, ‘L’ Block Hutments, New Delhi-110001
- On the top of envelop please mention “Application for the post of …………”
Last date of submission of application forms : 26 Nov 2012
Download Application form from below